Are you a football fan...or do you mainly watch the Super Bowl to catch all the great commercials and watch the halftime show? I personally can't wait to see the top-secret Ferris Bueller commercial that's being teased on YouTube!! I have to admit that I enjoy everything about the Super Bowl...and one of the best parts of Super Bowl Sunday is all the great food that is served to keep us fortified for all that cheering!! I want to share some of my favorite gameday nibbles...and I'm going to include a linky party so YOU can share all of your favorites as well!
When I think of football food, I think of things that can be eaten easily...and food that can serve a crowd. Think dip and chips, tacos, and a sweet treat or two. It takes a lot of energy to cheer on your favorite team...even if your personal hometown team didn't make it (again...) this year. During football season, I make a lot of different finger foods and snacks for us to eat while we watch the Texans play. Here are some of my favorites...
(1) Mexi-Ranch Dip. The only thing better than creamy ranch dip made with sour cream and cream cheese? Ranch dip with chopped roma tomatoes, green onions, shredded co-jack cheese, and chipotle chiles! This spicy dip is especially great with tortilla chips!
(2) Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies. These brownies are so decadent...made with Green & Black's organic chocolate and fresh raspberries. They're rich, so a little piece goes a long way. I promise you'll have more fans than the New England Patriots if you serve these babies next Sunday!
(3) Spicy Pork Tinga Tacos. These tacos are AMAZING! You can start them the morning of the big game, and they'll be ready in time for kickoff. This recipe makes a Dutch oven full of spicy pork shoulder and potatoes, so it's perfect for a small crowd of hungry football fans. This is an adaptation of a Rick Bayless recipe, and you know he doesn't fool around when it comes to good Mexican food!
(4) S'mores Popcorn Snack Mix. This easy-to-make snack mix combines popcorn with all the flavors of s'mores...and turns it into a snack that's easy to eat by the handful. This is one of my most-requested recipes for work functions after I brought some in last fall. This takes literally 15 minutes to whip up, but it tastes like something you'd buy at a gourmet candy shop!
....and last, but definitely NOT least:
(5) Gameday Fiesta Tortilla Spirals. I featured this fun recipe during the Red Gold Taste of the NFL blogger contest last month. I wanted to showcase their yummy tomatoes in an easy-to-eat game-time snack! A mixture of cream cheese, shredded cheddar, green onions, tomatoes, and diced jalapeno is spread onto spinach tortillas. The whole thing is wrapped up, chilled, and cut into spirals.
So...now that you've seen some of my favorite football Sunday recipes, I want YOU to join the fun!! Share all of your favorite game-watching food in the linky party below...by this time next week, we should have an amazing collection of recipes to choose from to serve on Super Bowl Sunday!