I opted to make a fun adults-only punch that features Gallo Family Vineyards’ Red Moscato. Moscato is one of my favorite wines, so I wanted to showcase its lovely sweetness. My Ghoulishly Good Red Moscato Punch is fruity...and a bit fizzy! It contains Gallo's sweet and refreshing Red Moscato, orange liqueur, a duo of fruit juices, and citrus soda. A ghoulish ice hand floats eerily in the punch bowl. I’ll even show you how easy it is to make the icy hand as part of the recipe!
Ghoulishly Good Red Moscato PunchIngredients for 8 servings:
• 1 bottle Gallo Family Vineyards Red Moscato, well chilled
• 1/2 cup orange liqueur
• 2 cups chilled cranberry juice
• 2 cups orange juice
• 32 ounces citrus-flavored soda [NOTE: I used diet soda, but feel free to substitute one with sugar if you prefer]
For the ice hand:
• 1 latex glove -- try to find ones that aren’t powdered. If not, make sure to clean it VERY THOROUGHLY with hot water before using!
Step 1: Make the ice hand. Use a measuring cup to fill a clean latex glove with water nearly to the top -- make sure the water gets into every finger. Twist the top of the glove and secure tightly with a rubber band. Place the filled glove in the freezer until frozen solid -- I like to make it a day ahead.
Step 2: Add the chilled Red Moscato, orange liqueur, fruit juices, and citrus soda to a decorative Halloween punch bowl. Just before serving, remove the ice hand from the freezer. Use scissors to cut just below the rubber band and carefully peel the latex glove away. Float the ice hand in the center of the punch bowl. Since my decor theme is scary spiders, I placed small plastic spiders into my punch to float around the hand!
This wine-based punch is full of fruity flavors -- and the deep red color is reminiscent of blood! The sweet Gallo Family Vineyards Red Moscato pairs very nicely with the fruit juices -- and the light fizz is really fun. I hope that you’ll whip up a batch of this refreshing grown-up punch at your upcoming Halloween parties...it’s sure to be a hit! Be sure to visit Gallo Family Vineyards for more Frightfully Fun Entertaining Ideas.
The Gallo website also features a handy Store Locator and a $1 off digital coupon. You can also follow Gallo Family Vineyards via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube for lots of great wine tips! While you’re at it, be sure to go check out all of the spooktacular Halloween recipes that this week’s #SundaySupper participants are sharing...don’t be scared! Whether you’re looking for a themed Halloween dinner idea or a creepy-good beverage, we’ve got you covered.
- Beef Stew with Ghost Dumplings by Momma's Meals
- Blackened Chicken Legs with Red Beets and Potatoes by Jelly Toast
- Brain Cupcakes with Red Moscato Wine Shooters by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Dracula Wine Jelly by Basic N Delicious
- Gallo Family Red Moscato Cocktail by Flour On My Face
- Halloween Buffalo Ranch Pork Bites by Family Foodie
- Meringue Bones with Raspberry Sauce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mummy Calzone by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Poison Apple Pomegranate Sangria by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Pumpkin Chili by The Foodie Army Wife
- Red Moscato Candied Apples by The Messy Baker
- Red Moscato Spider Sangria by Run DMT
- Red Velvet Cake Eye Balls by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Red Wine Caramel and Chocolate Apples by Ruffles & Truffles
- Roasted Garlic Hummus by Alida's Kitchen
- Smoked Trout Pate Spider Bites by Shockingly Delicious
- Steak Bites with Bloody Maria Dipping Sauce by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Witches Blood Risotto by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Zombie Bite Wine Slushies by Feed Me, Seymour
Sunday Supper Recipes, be sure to visit our website or check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.