This hearty skillet dinner is ready in just about 30 minutes, making it ideal for even the busiest of busy weeknights! This all-in-one meal features mushrooms, onions, cheese tortellini, and chicken breast in a creamy tomato sauce. The flavorful sauce is perfectly seasoned by the McCormick Skillet Sauce. Its robust Italian flavors and spices pair perfectly with the veggies, tortellini, and chicken. Some shredded mozzarella blend added just before serving adds an extra layer of flavor too. Who doesn't love melted cheese?!?!? All you need to add is a simple salad and maybe some garlic bread to complete this simple weeknight skillet dinner!
Skillet Sicilian Chicken Tortellini
a Weekend Gourmet OriginalIngredients:
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1.5 cups thinly sliced cremini mushrooms
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 large plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 lb. chicken tenderloins, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pouch McCormick Skillet Sauces Sicilian Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Garlic Skillet Sauce
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 9-ounce package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 tsp. finely chopped parsley
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- Basil leaves for garnish
Step 1: Bring a pot of salted water to boil to cook the tortellini. While you wait for the water to boil, make the rest of the dish. Add the olive oil to a large skillet over med-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion, mushrooms, and tomato. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the veggies being to soften. Add the chicken and let sear on both sides.
Step 2: Reduce heat to medium and add the McCormick Skillet Sauce to the veggie-chicken mixture. Stir to combine and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add the half and half and stir to combine. Reduce heat to med-low and simmer for 5 minutes. By this time, your tortellini should be ready to cook.Step 3: Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and add to the mixture in the skillet. Add salt & pepper to taste and stir well to combine. Remove from heat and evenly sprinkle the shredded Italian cheese on top. Just before serving, sprinkle with the parsley and garnish with basil leaves if desired. Serve directly from the skillet.
This dish is a perfect meal – only one dish is dirtied, and the flavor is amazing! The Sicilian Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Garlic Skillet Sauce features robust flavors, and the half and half provides a silky texture. We absolutely loved the combination of cheese tortellini and chicken, along with the meaty cremini mushrooms. This is a filling and flavorful dinner – and melted cheese on top is an extra decadent touch! I can’t wait to make this dish again, because it’s so easy to whip up -- but it tastes like I spent hours in the kitchen preparing it.
To find more great skillet dinner ideas, be sure to follow McCormick's Easy Skillet Dinners Pinterest board. You can also follow McCormick via its website and social media sites:
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/mccormickspice
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/mccormickspice/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/McCormickSpice
This week’s #WeekdaySupper participants are sharing some mouthwatering dinner recipes using McCormick’s new Skillet Sauces…so be sure to check them out and add them to your dinner rotation!
- Monday: Sesame Chicken and Mushroom Lo Mein by kimchi MOM
- Tuesday: Fire Roasted Garlic Turkey Chili Stuffed Acorn Squash by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Wednesday: Skillet Sicilian Chicken Tortellini by The Weekend Gourmet
- Thursday: Chicken Taco Grilled Cheese by Brunch with Joy
- Friday: Chili Cheese Nachos by Cosmopolitan Cornbread