The holidays are finally here! With the holidays comes all of the signature sights, sounds...and flavors...of the season! In honor of National Eggnog Month in December, this week's #SundaySupper is all about Eggnog Recipes. Our hostess is Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure, who asked us to share our favorite eggnog-inspired recipes, so I came up with an adults-only version of hot white chocolate that features everyone's favorite eggnog flavors in one creamy, warming spiked sip!
My Spiked Eggnog Hot White Cocoa is made with a handful of simple ingredients, and it's ready to enjoy in about 10 minutes. It's spiked with spiced rum, but feel free to sub some rum extract for the under 21 crowd. This warming drink is perfect for any upcoming holiday parties that you're planning...and it pairs perfectly with holiday cookies. It's basically a holiday party in a mug!
Spiked Eggnog Hot White Cocoa
a Weekend Gourmet original
Ingredients (makes 3 servings):
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 3 ounces white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup refrigerated ready-to-use eggnog
- 1/4 cup spiced rum
- Marshmallows or whipped cream for topping
Step 1: Add the 2% milk and white chocolate to a medium non-stick saucepan over med heat. Heat, whisking, until the white chocolate melts and is incorporated into the milk. Add the pumpkin pie spice and whisk until it's completely incorporated into the milk mixture.
Step 2: Add the eggnog and whisk into the milk mixture. Heat until the eggnog white cocoa is hot, but not boiling. Just before serving, whisk in the spiced rum.
Step 3: Pour the spiked eggnog hot white cocoa into three mugs. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon OR top with marshmallows. I had some of these adorable seasonal snowflake marshmallows on hand, so I used them for a festive touch. Add some seasonal cookies, and enjoy!
This rum-infused eggnog hot white chocolate is a perfect holiday drink...creamy, warm, and full of flavor! The rum flavor is subtle, but it works perfectly with the pumpkin pie spice and rich eggnog. The white chocolate adds richness and just the right amount of sweetness. I hope that it will be your go-to adult beverage of the holiday season. I also hope you'll check out all of the amazing eggnog-infused recipes that this week's #SundaySupper participants are sharing...they're guaranteed to help you celebrate National Eggnog Month the entire holiday season!
- Caramel Bottom Eggnog Cheesecake by Bottom Left of Mitten
- Chocolate Eggnog Poke Cake by Crazed Mom
- Eggnog Bread Pudding with Warm Whiskey Sauce by The Crumby Cupcake
- Eggnog Macarons by Baking Sense
- Eggnog Macaroons by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Eggnog Pie by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Gingerbread Bars with Eggnog Frosting by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Layered Gingerbread Cake with Eggnog Frosting by The Freshman Cook
- Mini Eggnog Cheesecakes by Authentically Candace
- Coconut Milk Eggnog by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Eggnog Coffee Frappe by And She Cooks
- Gingerbread Eggnog Latte by Palatable Pastime
- Spiked Eggnog Hot White Cocoa by The Weekend Gourmet
- Traditional Homemade Eggnog by The Redhead Baker
Breakfast and Breakfast Pastries
- Baked Eggnog Donuts by Life Tastes Good
- Coconut Eggnog Overnight Oats (with homemade eggnog) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Cranberry Eggnog Scones by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Eggnog Pancakes with Cranberry Syrup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Eggnog Scones by Feeding Big
- Craig Claiborne’s Eggnog Mousse by Food Lust People Love
- Easy Eggnog Fudge by Sunday Supper Movement
- Eggnog Crème Anglaise by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Eggnog Panna Cotta with Cinnamon Whipped Cream by Tramplingrose
- Eggnog Pudding Parfaits by Pies and Plots
- Healthy Eggnog Rice Pudding by Cricket’s Confections
- Homemade Eggnog Ice Cream by Simple and Savory