- 2 medium poblano peppers
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled, diced and boiled until fork tender
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 small head of fresh spinach, washed and well drained
- ( you could also 1 cup of frozen spinach, thawed and well drained)
- 1 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 4 small fresh corn cobs, grilled and kernels removed from the cob
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper
- Fresh cherry tomatoes, roasted corn and Queso Panella for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash poblano peppers and rub them with olive oil. Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately place them in a brown paper bag. Let them sit for 10-15 minutes. Once peppers have cooled, remove skins and set aside.
In a large soup pot, add onions and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes. Add in spinach and cook until wilted. Add cooked potatoes, roasted poblano peppers, cilantro, half-and-half and puree in a food processor or with a hand held mixer. Season with salt and pepper.
Garnish soup with fresh grilled corn kernels, cherry tomatoes and cheese.