(10) Loaded Tex-Mex Chile Con Queso: This over-the-top cheese dip features spicy crumbled chorizo, a shot of tequila...and a chunky avocado salsa topping. Add tortilla chips for perfect game day noshing!
(9) Churro Cheesecake Turnovers: With just FIVE ingredients -- including frozen puff pastry -- this is a fabulous snack or brunch recipe to have on hand. If you love cinnamon sugar, these need to be on your "must make" list for 2021!
(8) Kitchen Sink Potato Chowder: This slow cooker soup is homey and comforting...perfect for Winter weeknight meals. With smoked sausage, potatoes, veggies...and plenty of cheese? This complete meal-in-a-bowl filling and delicious. As a bonus? Leftovers freeze great too!
(7) Sparkling Limonada: Are you taking part in Dry January after some holiday indulging...or are you looking for an alternative to sodas? This sparkling, citrusy limeade is a perfect fizzy mocktail...and it's a snap to whip up a pitcher! It tastes great and can easily be stored in your fridge.
(6) Triple Cheese-Fig Flatbread: Perfect for showcasing in-season Summer figs, this flatbread features a great combinations of flavors and textures. The flatbread starts with a convenient naan base; ricotta, provolone, and goat cheese; sliced figs; prosciutto; and thin slices of red onion. Just before serving, honey is drizzled on top of the warm flatbread. Heavenly!
(5) Bucatini all'Amatriciana: This recipe is from Barbuto restaurant...and it's definitely a restaurant-quality meal that can be made at home using only a few key ingredient. This dish features guanciale, a fatty salt- and spice-cured pork jowl or cheek. It's similar to bacon, but it's not smoked. Guanciale can be a challenge to locate in the U.S., but domestically produced guanciale can be purchased online. That said? Guanciale really makes the finished dish authentic!
(4) Smoky Grilled Lemon-Basil Salmon: This dish is an ideal al fresco Summer dinner for those at-home date nights! Salmon fillets are flavored with a citrusy marinade. The marinated salmon is rubbed with a lemony compound butter and seasoned with a flavorful spice rub. Next, the salmon is smoked on an outdoor grilled. Before serving, each piece is topped with a slice of lemon and garden-fresh basil leaves. Every bite is a pure explosion of Summer garden flavor!
(3) Spicy Cheese-Stuffed Shrimp with Andouille Rice Pilaf: It's no secret that I love seafood...and grilling! This fantastic recipe is perfect for warm-weather weekends. It features jumbo Texas Gulf shrimp stuffed with cheese and grilled. After a quick trip to the grill, the cooked shrimp are lightly smoky...and the cheese is melted and gooey. The shrimp are brushed with seasoned butter and served atop a delicious Cajun-inspired rice pilaf flecked with spicy andouille sausage.
(2) Garlicky Yukon Gold Potato Salad: I love potato salad, so I'm always looking for new flavor variations to try. Last Summer, I created a garlic-infused potato salad made with buttery Yukon Gold potatoes. With crunch from celery and green onions, boiled eggs, and a creamy garlic dressing...it has a flavor that's familiar, but different enough to catch your taste buds off guard!
....and the #1 most popular recipe shared on The Weekend Gourmet this year was: Mardi Gras Noodle Bowl. This hearty soup bowl features the spicy flavors typically seen in Louisiana dishes like jambalaya -- in a hearty noodle bowl form! This hearty recipe is a complete one-dish meal that contains shrimp, chicken, smoked sausage, aromatic veggies...and a generous amount of seasonings and hot sauce. Best of all? It's ready to eat in less than 30 minutes...making it a perfect quick dinner on chilly Winter nights.
- 8-ounce package refrigerated flavored Udon Noodles [NOTE: I used Fortune Chicken Udon Noodles]
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen Seasoning Blend Vegetables: onion, celery, and bell pepper
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. Creole seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped chicken breast
- 1/2 cup medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup diced andouille sausage [NOTE: use smoked kielbasa if andouille isn't available]
- 1 Tbs. hot sauce [NOTE: I use Crystal brand]
- 2 thinly sliced green onions